At a glance
- Financial Hardship
- Mature Age
The scholarship is awarded to a financially disadvantaged mature-age 2nd year student enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts or dual program that includes Arts, undertaking further studies in political science and/or public policy.
The scholarship is open to students who:
- are Australian citizens or Australian Permanent Residents; and
- have gained credit for all courses in year 1 of the Bachelor of Arts or a dual program including the Bachelor of Arts; and
- are enrolled full-time in year 2 of the program with a declared major or extended major in the area of political science and/or public policy; and
- are 20 years of age or older on 1 January in the year of the award.
About the award
The scholarship is awarded, at the discretion of the selection committee, to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- financial need in order to successfully undertake further studies in political science and/or public policy; and
- academic achievement during year 1 of their program; and
- other evidence that may be considered relevant by the selection committee.
Terms and conditions
The scholarship is tenable for 1 year and will be paid in half yearly instalments, subject to satisfactory academic progress and continued full-time enrolment in the program.
The scholarship may not be held concurrently with another similar scholarship.
How to applyApplications close:30 April 2017The Wheatley Bursary rules.pdfBefore you apply:
Download application form:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:School of Political Science and International Studies+61 (7) 3365 2858