- Enrolment status
Future UQ student
- Student type
- Study level
- Study area
All study areas
- Scholarship focus
- Scholarship value
$12,000 per year
- Scholarship duration
Up to 5 years
- Applications open
7 August 2023
- Applications close
24 November 2023
This scholarship is part of the UQ Academic Scholarship Program. You only need to submit one application to be considered for all 3 scholarships.
See all scholarships in this program.
You're eligible if you:
- achieved a minimum ATAR of 99.90 (or equivalent)
- completed Year 12 in 2023 or 2022 (if you’re on a gap year).
And either of the below:
- Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder; or
- Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, or international student who is completing or has completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia.
- have not completed any previous tertiary study other than as part of your Year 11–12 studies (e.g. Enhanced Studies Program)
- have applied for a tertiary place through QTAC and have UQ listed as your 1st QTAC preference as at 18 December 2023
- are intending to enrol as a full-time student in a UQ undergraduate program in 2024 (or 2025 if deferring your tertiary place).
How to apply
Apply via the UQ application portal. You can save your application and come back to it at any time.
- your QTAC Application number
- evidence of your most outstanding achievements from Years 11 and 12 in the areas of leadership and community service.
You only need to submit one application to be considered for all scholarships under the UQ Academic Scholarships Program.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
- outstanding academic achievements as determined by the selection panel
What happens next
We’ll email you to acknowledge receipt of your application. If you have not received an email within 2 days of applying, please email us at email@example.com.
A selection panel will review eligible applications. If you are successful, we’ll notify you in writing.
About this scholarship
UQ Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship is part of the UQ Academic Scholarship program. The scholarship was established in 2009 and is maintained by funds from The University of Queensland and donors.