At a glance
- Financial Hardship
- Rural / regional area
Awarded to a financially disadvantaged MBBS or MD student with a demonstrated interest in surgery, particularly orthopaedic surgery.
The scholarship is open to students who:
- are Australian citizens or Australian Permanent Residents; and
- are enrolled in the MBBS or MD program or any dual program that includes the MBBS or MD; and
- can provide documentary evidence of financial need.
About the award
The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit, as demonstrated by:
- evidence of financial need; and
- academic achievement in courses undertaken in the relevant program; and
- strength of interest shown in surgery, and in particular orthopaedics; and
- personal qualities; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant's future success in the profession of medicine.
The selection committee may decide to interview short-listed applicants.
In a year where there are eligible applicants from a rural area, preference for one scholarship will be given to the applicant from a rural area showing greatest merit.
Terms and conditions
The recipient may hold the scholarship for 1 year, subject to the recipient -
- achieving a GPA of at least 5 in semester 1 in the year in which the scholarship is held; and
- continuing to be enrolled full-time in the MBBS or MD program.
The scholarship may be deferred only with approval of the Dean.
How to apply
Please email all required information for this Scholarship to email@example.com . Ensure your document is in Microsoft Word format and that the document is saved as your name and the name of the Scholarship being applied for.
For example: JanePrize.TheScholarship.Applications close:31 August 2016TV Stubbs Brown Rules.pdfBefore you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Faculty of Medicine+61 (7) 3346 4780