At a glance
Scholarships are available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs in science at UQ.
To be eligible for a UQ Science International Scholarship, you must:
* Be classified as an international student in Australia
* Have an unconditional or a conditional offer (with all conditions met by the scholarship closing date) from UQ
* For undergraduate programs, have completed senior high school and obtained an entry score that equates to a Queensland Tertiary Education rank of 96 or higher
* For postgraduate programs, have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6 or higher on a 7-point scale
* Not have already commenced your studies at UQ, even if you seek a change of program
* Not simultaneously hold another scholarship
* For the Full Degree Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program
* For the Advanced Standing Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation)
About the award
Two different scholarships are available:
* The Full Degree Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program and is a single payment of AU$10,000
* The Advanced Standing Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation), for example on the basis of previous study at a Polytechnic, and is a single payment of AU$3,000.
Following the closing date, UQ will select winners based on a competitive, merit-based process, based on:
* Candidates' academic performance as demonstrated by their Grade Point Averages (GPA)
* Candidates' potential to contribute to science, assessed on the basis of their personal statements
How to apply
For either the Full Degree Scholarship or the Advanced Standing Scholarship:
1) Lodge an official UQ undergraduate or postgraduate application form for international students for entry into one of the eligible Science programs either directly to UQ or through your agent.
2) Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship closing date).
3) Complete and submit the Science International Scholarship online application form.
1 December for a semester 1 (February) commencement
1 June for a semester 2 (July) commencement
Incomplete applications or applications which are found to be inaccurate, false or misleading will not be considered.Applications close:1 June 2017Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Faculty of Science