- Enrolment status
Future UQ student,
Current UQ student
- Study level
Postgraduate research (HDR)
- Scholarship focus
- Scholarship value
- Scholarship duration
- Applications open
1 August 2022
- Applications close
17 February 2023
You're eligible if you:
- are a domestic student
- are enrolled, or enrolling, full-time in either the Master of Laws or a postgraduate research (HDR) program in Law
- can demonstrate financial need.
If you're a postgraduate research (HDR) student, you must be researching one of the following areas:
- maritime law
- administrative law
- trade practices
- native title.
How to apply
Apply using the online application portal.
- your CV
- Year 11 and 12 academic reports or official academic transcripts for previous tertiary study
- evidence of financial hardship such as: Centrelink statements, ATO statements, family income.
- awards, achievements or prizes you received for academic achievement during your studies
- any other scholarships/bursaries you have received, including the name of the scholarship/bursary, awarding body, duration and amount.
You’ll be asked to discuss, in writing:
- why you’re interested in studying law and what you hope to achieve by completing your studies (300 words max)
- your financial need or hardship (500 words max)
- your personal qualities (500 words max). This may include: evidence of your leadership potential, details of your responsibility for others, community involvement, cultural or sporting achievements, or any other information which you consider relevant to your application.
You can only upload one file per field. If you have multiple files, combine them into one .doc .docx .pdf or .zip file.
Save your file using the naming format: Lastname-Firstname-Document type (e.g. SmithSam-supporting-evidence.zip).
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
We'll consider your:
- academic achievements
- demonstrated financial need
- demonstrated interest in the study of law.
What happens next
The selection committee will meet soon after the closing date and notify you of the outcome in writing. If you're shortlisted, we may contact you to arrange an interview.
About this scholarship
This Scholarship was established in 2006 and is maintained by the Richard Cooper Endowment.