You’re eligible if:
- you are enrolled full-time
- you are a UQ postgraduate student
- your postgraduate major or your field of study is agronomy or crop science.
How to apply
Complete the online application form. You will need:
- supporting evidence that demonstrates personal qualities (eg. reference letter)
- proof of your academic achievement
- a personal statement.
You can save your application and come back to it at any time.
Your application is confidential and used only to assess your eligibility for the bursary.
Make sure you attach all your supporting documents before you submit your application.
You’ll need to submit your online application by 11.59PM AEST on the closing date.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
We’ll consider your:
- academic achievement
- personal qualities including leadership potential, community service and engagement
- personal statement that explains how the bursary can support your research or professional development
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to your future professional success.
About this scholarship
Established in 1987 by a fund of some $11,000 raised by colleagues and friends in memory of Associate ProfessorPeter Carlile Whiteman, Reader in Tropical Agronomy at the University of Queensland, who died on 6 April, 1986.