You're eligible if you:
- are a domestic student
- can provide evidence of financial hardship
- are enrolled, or intend to enrol, full-time in any of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Advanced Finance and Economics Honours
- Bachelor of Economics.
- Bachelor of Commerce.
How to apply
Apply using the online application portal.
- a personal statement of no more than 1000 words addressing:
- the impact this scholarship will have on you personally and professionally
- what your future career aspirations are
- details of any leadership or community service experiences that are relevant to your application.
- documents that demonstrate your personal qualities and academic potential such as certificates or achievement and academic references
- evidence of your financial need including proof of finances (if relevant) e.g. Centrelink statements, ATO statements, family income etc.
If you have multiple documents, please combine them in a single zip file.
Save your file using the naming format: Lastname-Firstname-Document type (e.g. SmithSam-supporting-evidence.zip)
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
- demonstrated financial hardship
- personal qualities including leadership potential
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to your future success.
About this scholarship
Established in 2020 by the Minton Family under the Create Change Scholarship Match initiative and maintained by income generated from the endowment fund. In honour of Gregory Minton (Bachelor of Engineering-Mechanical, 1984 and Bachelor of Economics, 1989), the Minton Family Foundation is launching a scholarship to support need-based students who would like to study an undergraduate Economics and/or Commerce degree within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.