At a glance
The fund is awarded to students to increase the mobility of students in interstate or overseas curricular or extracurricular activities.
An applicant is eligible for a grant, if the applicant:
- Is enrolled full time in an approved undergraduate engineering program through the School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering.
- Is a domestic student within the meaning of the Fee Rules.
- has made satisfactory academic progress for each semester enrolled.
- Has demonstrate initiative as part of their application
Examples of activities supported through awarding of grants (not exhaustive)
- BE (Honours) or BE (Honours)/ME students undertaking their placement course.
- Student placement or other activity in a country where the primary language spoken is not the student’s first language.
- Students who publish a paper as first author to attend a conference to present the paper themselves.
- Registered elite athletes attending a significant overseas athletic event that will help advance their athletic career.
- RHD students undertaking an overseas internship that furthers their research project.
- Attendance at “iconic” activities (e.g. international mining games).
About the award
The grants will be awarded at the discretion of the Head of School and School Manager.
Applicants may be requested to participate in an interview as part of the selection process.
How to apply
Please submit an application using the on-line form.Applications close:8 August 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Mrs Gail Smith61+7 3365 3853