- Enrolment status
Current UQ student
- Student type
- Study level
- Study area
Science and mathematics
- Scholarship focus
- Scholarship duration
- Applications open
18 November 2022
- Applications close
31 January 2023
You're eligible if you:
- can demonstrate financial need (Centrelink statements, ATO statements, family income, etc.)
- can demonstrate financial impost associated with your placement
- are a domestic or international student in accordance with the University’s fee policy
- are enrolled in at least a 50% course load in the approved program in the year of award
- are undertaking placement/s of at least 120 hours total (combined) duration in the calendar year following the award.
How to apply
Complete the online application form. You’ll be asked to provide details of your placement including:
- accommodation costs
- travel costs.
Submit your online application form by 23.59 PM AEST on 31 January 2023.
You can save your application and come back to it at any time.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
This grant is awarded based on the following criteria:
- evidence of financial need
- a report which outlines the additional costs that will be incurred to undertake or complete placement/s
- a personal statement addressing proposed learning outcomes from placement/s
- academic performance in the approved program to date
- any other evidence which may be relevant to your financial circumstances.
About this scholarship
This grant provides financial assistance to Faculty of Science undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students who undertake a work integrated learning (WIL) placement as a requirement of an academic course or program at UQ.
Your placement must be a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement. Extra-curricular work experience, course field trips and field-trip courses do not count as placements.