At a glance
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Financial Hardship
Awarded to Indigenous people of Queensland to attend The University of Queensland.
The scholarship is open to Queensland Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students at The University of Queensland.
About the award
The object of the scholarship is to provide assistance to two Indigenous people of Queensland to attend the University of Queensland. The scholarship is awarded on the recommendation of the President of the Academic Board in consultation with the Director of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies Unit.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit or technical excellence of the applicant;
- any other scholarship, bursary, award or benefit, whether governmental or otherwise, to which the applicant is entitled; and
- social and economic need.
The period of tenure of the scholarship is one year. Candidates may apply for an award in other years.
How to apply
Download the application form as per below and forward to the Undergraduate Scholarships Office by the closing date.Applications close:20 June 2016The E.O.H Handy Memorial Scholarship Rules.pdfBefore you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:UQ Scholarships & Prizes Office61 7 3365 7113