- Enrolment status
Future UQ student,
Current UQ student
- Study level
- Study area
Business and economics
- Scholarship focus
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Scholarship value
Up to 100% tuition fee waiver
- Scholarship duration
Up to the duration of the program
- Applications open
- Applications close
How to apply
Apply via the online application form. You'll need:
- details of your past academic achievements
- evidence of your financial need or inability to access funds
- results of your previous studies at school, UQ or other colleges or universities
- a written answer response (500 words max) to the following questions:
- explain your financial need and how the scholarship will make a difference to you; why you are interested in studying economics and what you hope to achieve with your economics studies
- outline your personal qualities, this could include evidence of leadership potential, details of your responsibility for others, community involvement, cultural or sporting achievements, or any other information which you consider relevant to your application
- other supporting documentation that is relevant to your application.
You'll also need to provide evidence of your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status. This would usually take the form of confirmation under the common seal of a community organisation. Where exceptional circumstances apply, statutory declarations and other forms of documentation may be considered.
Please combine all of your supporting documents into a zip file with the following naming convention:
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
We'll consider your:
- finanical need
- demonstrated interest in economics
- academic ability
- personal qualities, including leadership potential.
What happens next
We'll send you an email acknowledging your application after you submit and we'll notify you of the outcome in writing.
If you're shortlisted, we may contact you to arrange an interview.
About this scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide assistance to students of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background who have a keen interest in economics and a demonstrated need for financial support.