Earmarked scholarships scheme to support Category 1 project grants
- Enrolment status
- Future UQ student
- Student type
- Domestic, International
- Study level
- Postgraduate research (HDR)
- Study area
- All study areas
- Scholarship focus
- Academic excellence
- Funding type
- Living stipend, Tuition fees
- Scholarship value
- Living stipend of $32,192 per annum tax free (indexed annually), your tuition fees covered, and Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Scholarship duration
- 3.5 years with the possibility of 1 extension
- Number awarded
- May vary
About this scholarship
Earmarked scholarships are funded by the Australian Government to assist PhD students with their living costs and tuition fees. These scholarships are offered for research projects aligned with recently awarded Category 1 research grants and offer PhD students the opportunity to contribute to large projects of national significance with and work with leading researchers.
You're eligible if you:
How to apply
View the latest commencement date and ensure you can meet the timeframes. Apply at least 12 weeks prior.
- Choose an eligible project and contact the project supervisor to discuss your interest
- Prepare your documentation
- In your application, under the 'Scholarship and Collaborative study' section, select:
- ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’.
- 'I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship'.
- UQ Earmarked Scholarship type
The academic year for research students is divided into 4 research quarters (RQ). Check the project page to find out which RQ you need to commence by. You should apply at least 12 weeks before the commencement date.
|RQ1||1 January||31 March|
|RQ2||1 April||30 June|
|RQ3||1 July||30 September|
|RQ4||1 October||30 December|
If you receive this scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
If you're a domestic part-time student with carer's responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability that prevents you from studying full-time, you may be eligible for scholarship consideration. This is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
International students must study full-time.
Read the UQ Research Scholarships policy