- Enrolment status
Future UQ student
- Student type
- Study level
Postgraduate research (HDR)
- Study area
All study areas
- Scholarship focus
- Funding type
- Scholarship value
Living stipend of $32,192 per annum tax free (indexed annually), your tuition fees covered, and Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Scholarship duration
3.5 years with the possibility of 1 extension
About this scholarship
Earmarked scholarships are funded by the Australian Government to assist PhD students with their living costs and tuition fees. These scholarships offer PhD students the opportunity to contribute to large projects of national significance and work with leading researchers.
How to apply
View the latest commencement date and ensure you can meet the timeframes. Apply by the recommended date on your project.
- Choose an eligible project and contact the project supervisor to discuss your interest
- Review how to apply information
- In your application, under the 'Scholarship and Collaborative study' section, select:
- ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’.
- 'I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship'.
- UQ Earmarked Scholarship type.
If you receive this scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
If you're a domestic part-time student with carer's responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability that prevents you from studying full-time, you may be eligible for scholarship consideration. This is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
International students must study full-time.
Read the UQ Research Scholarships policy