- Enrolment status
Future UQ student
- Study level
- Study area
Agriculture and animal sciences, Science and mathematics
- Scholarship focus
Experiences and employability,
Rural or remote
- Scholarship value
$15,000 per year
- Scholarship duration
For the program's duration (maximum 4 years)
- Applications open
30 November 2023
- Applications close
31 January 2024
You’re eligible if you:
- are a domestic student
- are a commencing student
- are UQ alumni commencing a different program (for example, Master’s after completing a Bachelor’s degree)
- have a full offer to study an eligible program delivered entirely at the UQ Gatton campus in 2023 (you don’t need to accept your full offer by the scholarship application deadline).
And you're starting any of the below programs in 2023:
Dual degrees with the Bachelor of Agribusiness and Master of Agricultural Science (Plant Protection field of study) are not eligible because they are not delivered full-time at UQ Gatton.
Students from low-socioeconomic status (low-SES), and who are first in family to tertiary study, and those living with a disability and First Nations people are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications for Semester 2, 2023 have closed.
Complete the online application form.
You will need to submit a personal statement (limit 300 words).
You’ll need to submit your application by the closing date:
- Semester 1 (January 2024): 12:00PM AEST on 31 January 2024
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
- academic merit
- your personal statement
- UQ values diversity and inclusion and may consider this when we review your application.
What happens next
We’ll send you an email to confirm we’ve received your application.
About this scholarship
The Destination Australia scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education. It aligns with the National Strategy for International Education 2025.
The scholarship’s objective is to:
- attract and support study in regional Australia
- grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers
- offer students a high-quality learning experience.