This scholarship is closed.
- Enrolment status
Current UQ student
- Student type
- Study level
Postgraduate research (HDR)
- Study area
Agriculture and animal sciences, Science and mathematics
- Scholarship focus
- Funding type
- Scholarship value
At least $2,500
- Applications open
6 November 2023
- Applications close
20 November 2023
About this scholarship
Established in 2001 through a gift from David Farrell this scholarship was recognised by Senate in 2015.
You are eligible for the scholarship in a year if, in that year, you are:
- enrolled full-time;
- studying plant science and animal nutrition field through the School of Agriculture and Food Sustainability;
- can demonstrate evidence of financial need.
- The funds must not be used for travel or subsistence.
- The award is to be used for research materials, analytical services, thesis preparation/binding, etc.
How to apply
Your application must include the following documents:
- completed application form
- supporting documents, as outlined in section 4 of the application form
Completed submissions are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:55pm (AEST) Monday, 20 November 2023. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Your application will be ranked in order of merit, based on:
- Financial circumstances as evidenced by supporting documentation;
- Academic achievement in your program to date;
- Other evidence as may be deemed relevant to future success in the relevant field;
- Preference will be given to an international student;
- Any other matters the committee sees fit.
This is a Philanthropic HDR scholarship and adheres to the terms and conditions outlined in the Schedule A Postgraduate Research Scholarships
All philanthropic scholarship recipients must adhere to the conditions of UQ research and travel scholarships
Holders of these philanthropic scholarships must acknowledge them in any paper that is published as a result of the research conducted while the recipient held the scholarship.
Donors may also invite the recipient to present or report on the work conducted as part of the scholarship, in which case they must comply or risk losing the scholarship.
The information you provide in your application is collected for the purposes of (1) assessing your eligibility for this scholarship, (2) selecting scholarship recipients, and (3) administration of the scholarship. The University of Queensland may disclose the information you provide to the Donor for the stated purposes. The University will not otherwise disclose the information to a third party without your consent, unless such disclosure is authorised or required by law. For further information, please refer to the University’s Privacy Management Policy at http://ppl.app.uq.edu.au/content/1.60.02-privacy-management