The Archibald Scholarship
- Enrolment status
- Current UQ student
- Student type
- Domestic, International
- Study level
- Study area
- Business and economics
- Scholarship focus
- Academic excellence
- Scholarship value
- At least $10,000
- Scholarship duration
- Up to 1 year
- Number awarded
You're eligible if you:
- are enrolled full-time in either of the following programs:
- the Bachelor of Economics (Honours) (as a commencing student)
- the Bachelor of Advanced Finance and Economics (Honours) with an economics major (and completed 48 units)
- have achieved a Grade Point Average of at least 6.5 across these undergraduate economics courses:
- do not hold another scholarship that is considered similar.
How to apply
You don't need to submit an application for this scholarship.
You're automatically assessed for the scholarship if you meet the eligibility criteria.
The scholarship is awarded to the student with the highest GPA across the specified courses.
Where 2 or more candidates have the same GPA, the selection committee will decide on additional criteria to award the scholarship.
About this scholarship
This scholarship was founded in 1911 by an initial gift of $1,000 from the beneficiaries in the estate of the late Honourable John Archibald, MLC. The Archibald Scholarship is maintained by an endowment fund which is open to further gifts.