At a glance
Awarded to financially disadvantaged physiotherapy students, with preference given to students from rural areas.
THe scholarship is open to students who;
- have completed at least either the first 2 years of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program or the first year of the Master of Physiotherapy Studies program; and
- can provide documentary evidence of financial need.
About the award
The scholarship is awarded to applicants showing the greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- evidence of financial need; and
- academic achievement in previous studies; and
- strength of interest shown in physiotherapy; and
- personal qualities; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant's future success in the physiotherapy profession.
The selection committee may decide to interview short-listed applicants. Preference will be given to applicants from a rural area showing greatest merit based on the above criteria.
Terms and conditions
The recipient may hold the scholarship for 1 year, subject to the recipient -
- achieving satisfactory academic progress; and
- continuing to be enrolled full-time in a relevant program.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form as per below and forward to the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences by the closing date. Your application should include a 1-2 page cover letter to provide information about your interest in physiotherapy, your financial situation and your personal qualities. You also need to supply supporting documentation as evidence of your financial need.Applications close:3 March 2017Ailsa Munro Scholarship Rules.pdfBefore you apply:
Download application form:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences+ 61(7) 3365 4506