At a glance
Awarded to professional and/or elite athletes.
Scholarships are open to athletes who:
- have represented at an open, national or international level in their chosen sport; or
- play in a professional sporting league; and
- are enrolled, or intend to enrol, in a University of Queensland program (undergraduate or post-graduate) on a part-time or full-time basis.
Preference will be given to students who are members of, or intend to join, a UQ Sporting Club.
Athletes already on another UQ Sporting Scholarship are ineligible to apply.
For further information about the UQ Sport Scholarship Ambassador Program please refer to the UQ Sport Scholarship Ambassador Program Terms & Conditions.
About the award
These scholarships will be awarded, at the discretion of the Selection Committee, to the applicants showing the greatest merit as demonstrated by their ability and achievements in their chosen sport.
Terms and conditions
UQ Sport Scholarship Ambassador Program Scholarship holders are expected to:
- become active members of the UQ sporting club for which the award has been granted (if available).
- represent The University of Queensland at the Australian University Games.
- attend UQ Sport events as required including the Scholarships lunch.
- provide UQ Sport with written bi-annual performance reports.
How to apply
Prior to applying, please read the 2017 Sporting Scholarship Guide.
Need more information on our scholarships programs? Call us on 07 3346 6243 or email email@example.com.Applications close:31 October 2016Before you apply:
Download application form:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:UQ Sport+61 (7) 3346 6243