At a glance
Awarded to year 12 and gap year students who are applying for entry to the Bachelor programs in Agricultural Science, sustainable Agriculture, Equine Science, Veterinary Technology, Wildlife Science, Science (Animal and Veterinary Biosciences or Soil and Plant Biosciences majors) or Agribusiness (including Agribusiness dual programs).
The scholarships are open to Year 12 and gap year students applying for entry to one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Equine Science
- Bachelor of Agribusiness/Equine Science
- Bachelor of Science – Animal & Veterinary Bioscience
- Bachelor of Science – Plant & Soil Bioscience
- Bachelor of Sustainable Agriculture
- Bachelor of Agribusiness/Sustainable Agriculture
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Agribusiness/Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science
- Bachelor of Agribusiness/Wildlife Science
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours)
at UQ’s Gatton campus. Students who expect to achieve an OP8 or better are encouraged to apply.
About the award
The scholarships will be awarded to students showing the greatest merit based on academic achievement in their secondary school studies. Leadership and community service achievements may also be taken into consideration.
How to apply
To apply, complete the UQ Academic Scholarship Program online application form located below.
Applicants will need to list the Bachelor of Agribusiness, Bachelor of Equine Science, Bachelor of Agribusiness/Equine Science, Bachelor of Science – Animal & Veterinary Bioscience, Bachelor of Science – Plant & Soil Bioscience, Bachelor of Sustainable Agriculture, Bachelor of Agribusiness/Sustainable Agriculture, Bachelor of Veterinary Technology, Bachelor of Agribusiness/Veterinary Technology, Bachelor of Wildlife Science, Bachelor of Agribusiness/Wildlife Science or the Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours) as their first and/or second QTAC preference to be eligible for consideration but will not need to complete the leadership or community service sections unless they also wish to be considered for an Academic Scholarship.Applications close:31 October 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.