At a glance
- Current Year 12 (or gap year)
The scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding student seeking admission to the Bachelor of Economics (BEcon) program at The University of Queensland (UQ).
- International students completing Year 12 in Australia are eligible to apply.
- Criteria based on Year 12 results and broad academic achievement in Years 11 and 12.
- Previous study of economics at school or college is not required for enrolment in the BEcon program, nor for the scholarship.
- Short listed candidates may be required to attend an interview.
How to apply
Before submitting your application please make sure you include the following documents
- UQ School of Economics Scholarship Application Form
- A covering letter which addresses all of the following:
- What you believe the study of Economics to be
- Why you wish to study Economics
- Outlining one key Economic issue facing Australia/the international community and a possible response
- How a scholarship would assist you in your studies
Applications close:18 November 2016Before you apply:
- Your years 11 and 12 academic records
- A summary of extra-cirricular activities
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:The School of Economics