The T. C. Beirne School of Law Postgraduate Coursework International Student Scholarship
- Enrolment status
- Future UQ student, Current UQ student
- Student type
- Study level
- Postgraduate coursework
- Study area
- Scholarship focus
- Academic excellence
- Scholarship value
- 25% or 50% of the laws component of your degree program
- Scholarship duration
- Up to three semesters
- Number awarded
- Applications open
- 27 February 2023
- Applications close
- 15 May 2023
You're eligible if you:
- are an international student
- have applied for a place in postgraudate study or are enrolled at UQ and wish to commence postgraduate law studies
- choose to study one of the following programs:
- Master of Laws
- Master of International Law (including duel programs)
- Master of International Commeriial Law (including duel programs)
- do not hold another scholarship that the Head considers to be similar.
How to apply
Apply online. The form will take at least 20 minutes to complete.
- your CV
- academic transcripts
- 2 reference letters.
You'll also need to tell us about:
- why you want to study law and your aspirations in this field
- your personal qualities, which may include: evidence of leadership potential, community involvement, cultural or sporting achievement or anything else you consider relevant
- your financial need or hardship
- other scholarships you have applied for.
You can save your progress and resume your application at any time.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
We'll consider your merit based on:
- academic achievement
- your interest in studying and pursuing a career in law
- any other information you provide that is considered relevant.
What happens next
Decisions will be made as soon as possible after the closing date and you will be notified of the outcome in writing. If you are shortlisted, you may be required to participate in an online interview.
This is a separate process to your application for a place at the University. Any offer of a scholarship is made subject to approval of your enrolment in an approved law program at The University of Queensland.
About this scholarship
These competitive scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students on the basis of academic excellence and an interest in a career in law. High achieving students are encouraged to apply.
Four scholarships are on offer:
- 2 scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees and
- 2 scholarships covering 25% of the tuition fees
for courses undertaken towards the Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL) or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) programs.
The scholarship does not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.