At a glance
The STME scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to university students who are vision impaired or blind, who are working toward a sustainable and rewarding career in their chosen field.
Applicant must be diagnosed with a permanent vision condition that can not be corrected and meets at least one of the following:
- Visual acuity of 6/60 or less in at least one eye.
- Visual field of less than 20 degrees.
- Vision loss severely affecting daily life.
Applicant must be enrolled in a recognised Australian University in an undergraduate or postgraduate program and be continuing the course for at least one year from application.
Applicant must be registered with STME.
Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
About the award
Funds awarded can be spent on the following:
- Payment of university tuition fees
- Payment of student contribution fees
- Purchase of textbooks and other course materials
- Purchase of adaptive technology
- Living expenses associated with study
- Response to application questions.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Academic results.
How to apply
Click on the Online Application Form link below for more details.Applications close:30 November 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Chrissy Antonopoulos