At a glance
- Mature Age
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and reward students from Latin American countries studying postgraduate coursework programs administered by the School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences at The University of Queensland.
An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant -
(a) submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
(b) is a citizen of a Latin American country; and
(c) has achieved at least the equivalent of the entry requirements for the proposed program of study; and
(d) is able to commence as an international student in Australia on a student visa.
About the award
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and reward students from Latin America studying postgraduate coursework programs administered by the School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences at The University of Queensland.
(1) For the selection process, the Head must establish a selection committee, comprising a minimum of three directors of postgraduate coursework programs administered by the School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences. The Head will appoint a chairperson from those appointed to the selection committee.
(2) The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by -
(a) academic achievement in undergraduate studies; and
(b) strength of interest demonstrated in the relevant field of postgraduate coursework study; and
(c) personal qualities, including leadership potential; and
(d) any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant's future professional success in the relevant field of postgraduate coursework study.
Terms and conditions
(1) The recipient may hold the scholarship for the minium completion time of the relevant program, subject to the recipient -
(a) continuing to be enrolled full-time in the relevant program, unless otherwise exempted by the Head; and
(b) achieving a GPA of at least 4 for each semester of study in which the recipient holds the scholarship; and
(c) resuming study after an approved interruption of up to 1 year, as approved by the Head; and
(d) being eligible to continue to hold a student visa.
(2) If the recipient fails to satisfy rule 6(1), the student must show cause to the Head why the scholarship should not be cancelled.
(3) The recipient may be required by the Head to pay the full tuition fee of any course that is repeated.
(4) In this rule -
minimum completion time, means the minimum period of time it would take a student to complete the remainder of the program in which the recipient is enrolled when the recipient is awarded the scholarship.
How to apply
For applications for first semester (March) enrolment, the closing date is 31 October each year.
For applications for second semester (July) enrolment, the closing date is 31 March 2016.
Please refer to http://www.scmb.uq.edu.au/scholarships for application details.Applications close:31 October 2016SCMB Latin American Scholarship Rules.pdfBefore you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences+61 (7) 3365 3925