At a glance
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Financial Hardship
- Rural / regional area
Awarded to 2nd year Australian Indigenous students.
The scholarship is open to Indigenous students who:
- have successfully completed at least one year of a program at a participating institution; and
- are enrolled on a full-time basis for a subsequent year of that program or a further program at that or another participating institution.
Participating institutions include the following:
- The University of Queensland
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Southern Queensland
- Central Queensland University
- Queensland TAFE Colleges
About the award
The selection committee will take into account:
- academic achievement in previous studies; and
- any other scholarship, bursary, award or benefit, whether governmental or otherwise, to which the applicant is entitled; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant's future success.
Social and economic need may also be considered.
Preference will be given to eligible applicants who are undertaking studies in Science, Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Architecture, Agriculture or Veterinary Science.
Terms and conditions
The recipient may hold the scholarship for the minimum completion time of the program for which the recipient enrols when first awarded the scholarship.
Each scholarship is subject to annual review.
How to apply
Download application form and referee form and submit before the closing date to the Scholarships office as per the application form.Applications close:3 March 2017The R N Hammon Scholarship Rules.pdfBefore you apply:
Download application form:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Student Fees and Scholarships07 3365 7113