At a glance
Awarded to lesbian, gay, bi, trans, intersex or queer students.
- Is an Australian citizen of at least 16 up to 24 years of age at the time the scholarship is awarded;
- Is a permanent resident of Australia;
- Identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Intersex or Transgender and, as because of this:
- Has personal or social circumstances which provide significant challenges to the person completing their education; or
- Has been marginalised due to sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression; and
- is a serious consistent student who has shown scholastic achievement during the student’s school years;
- is able to demonstrate a commitment to completing Year 12 of the student’s secondary education, a tertiary degree or vocational training (as the case may be);
- has achieved acceptable scholastic results given their background and circumstances; and,
- demonstrates pride in and dedication to the LGBTIQ community.
About the award
In 2015, we have up to 30 scholarships to offer lesbian, gay, bi, trans, intersex or queer students, anywhere in Australia. Our scholarships cover tuition and many study-related expenses. There are two types of scholarships offered next year:
- The Pinnacle Foundation Scholarship provides $3000 for the first year of tertiary studies and $2000 for subsequent years. For Year 12 students the scholarship amount is $2000; and
Sponsored and Named Scholarships award $5,000 for first year of tertiary studies and $3000 for subsequent years
How to apply
Applications close every year on the 1st October for studies taken in the following calendar year. To apply for a Pinnacle Foundation scholarship you need to comply with the selection criteria , and then fill in the application form.
Once completed, your application can be emailed to:
Any enquiries regarding your application, or trouble getting it to us, you should contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9990 4708Applications close:1 October 2015Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:The Pinnacle Foundation02 9990 4708