At a glance
The Peruvian National Program for Scholarships and Educational Loans (PRONABEC) has announced the 2016 round of its international postgraduate scholarships program ”Becas Presidente de la República” for Peruvian citizens residing in Peru. Scholarships will be available for full-time masters programs (up to two years) and PhD programs (up to four years).
Candidates applying for a PRONABEC scholarship to study at the University of Queensland must:
- be a Peruvian citizen residing in Peru
- possess an unconditional letter of offer from the University of Queensland
- have 6 months of professional work experience
- demonstrate limited economic resources (subject to verification by PRONABEC)
- have a valid professional degree (bachelor for masters, and masters for PhD programs)
- be in the top 30 per cent of their class in undergraduate studies
- meet The University of Queensland's English language entry requirements
- be not older than 33 for masters and 36 for PhD programs by December 31st 2016
You must meet UQ's entry requirements for your chosen degree.
About the award
The first round of the "Becas Presidente de la República" offers up to fifty (50) scholarships to pursue Masters and Doctoral programs in the following areas of knowledge:
- Agriculture Studies
- Animal Studies
- Computer science
- Development Practice
- Energy studies
- Engineering Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Food Studies
- Geographic Information Science
- Information Technology
- Integrated Water Management
- Magnetic resonance technology
- Public Sector Management
Scholarships cover all costs, except for visas related expenses. These include:
- tuition fees (100 per cent)
- return air travel costs (economy)
- monthly stipend (to be determined by PRONABEC)
- US$500 contribution for books and study materials (to be determined by PRONABEC)
- health insurance (100 per cent)
- graduation expenses
For more information please visit PRONABEC.
How to apply
- You must receive an offer to study at UQ to apply for one of these scholarships. The UQ closing date for applicants wishing to start in Semester 2, 2016 is 31 March 2016. If you would like to appy for this scholarship in the next call, the UQ closing date for applicants wishing to start in Semester 1, 2017 is 30 November 2016.
- Apply at the PRONABEC website for a scholarship.
Please download the PRONABEC application manual [PDF] for detailed information on how to apply for these scholarships.Applications close:10 March 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.