At a glance
- Financial Hardship
Awarded to a descendent of an Australian veteran who served in the Vietnam war during the period of 31 July 1962 to 30 April 1975.
To be eligible for a bursary, a person must:
- be the child of an Australian veteran who served in the Vietnam war during the period 31 July 1962 to 30 April 1975;
- have Australian residency status;
- be planning to enrol or be enrolled in post-secondary education in Australia, in an approved course of one or more academic year's duration;
- be in disadvantaged circumstances such as financial need (as determined within the means test eligibility for Youth Allowance educational benefits), health and other non-financial family and personal circumstances where these circumstances could prevent the recipient from undertaking post-secondary education without the bursary; and
- not be a previous recipient of a Long Tan bursary.
About the award
Within the eligibility criteria, those selected are to be the most deserving applicants on merit as assessed. Consideration will be given to applicants who require a second degree to complete their course of study and enable them to enter the workforce (provided they have not previously received a bursary).
Those seeking to achieve a Masters degree or Doctorate will also be considered where a bursary has not previously been awarded. However, they will have a lower priority to those seeking to achieve a base-level qualification which will allow them to enter the workforce in their chosen career.
Each course must be of a standard approved by the administrator and will generally be one where Commonwealth educational support benefits are payable.
How to apply
To receive an application form when the applications open in August, please register your interest by completing the Contact Us form.Applications close:31 October 2015Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.