You're eligible if you:
- are enrolled in an undergraduate program at UQ
- have completed at least 2 units of poetry courses
- can provide documentary evidence that you are in financial need.
- have not previously received this scholarship.
How to apply
Complete the application form. This will be available when applications open.
You'll need a:
- statement outlining your financial need
- statement outlining your commitment to poetry (750 - 1,000 words)
- poem written by you (up to 50 lines).
Email your application to the School of Communication and Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Kingshott Cassidy Poetry Scholarship'in the subject line.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
- academic achievement in poetry courses
- your strength of interest in poetry (demonstrated by your personal statement)
- the poem written by you
- financial need
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to your future success in the field of poetry.
What happens next
We’ll email you to let you know when we've received your application. If you have not received an email within 2 days of applying, email us at email@example.com.
If you’re considered eligible, we’ll forward your application to a selection panel to review.
If you’re successful, we will notify you in writing.
About this scholarship
The scholarship was established in 2010 and is maintained by a bequest from the estate of Dorothy Susan Cassidy who graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1980 and a Master of Arts in 1986.