At a glance
Awarded to international candidates who want to study the Master of Integrated Water Management program commencing Semester 1, 2017. Several scholarships will be awarded to applicants who clearly demonstrate potential as future water leaders.
Scholarships are available for high calibre international candidates to study the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) program.
Candidates must have all of the following:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
- At least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program. Although not essential for entry in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship;
- International candidates must also demonstrate English language proficiency (see UQ’s English language requirements including minimum English test scores). A proof of English language proficiency needs to be uploaded with the online application form.
About the award
The IWC Masters Scholarships are prestigious scholarships awarded annually to high calibre candidates who want to study the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) and who clearly demonstrate potential as future water leaders.
IWC will be offering the following scholarships to study the MIWM program commencing in Semester 1, 2017:
- A - Up to two full tuition and full living costs scholarships (each valued at AU$92,645) for future water leaders from developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East(download list of eligible countries). These scholarships include full tuition fees, living costs stipend, return flights to Australia, Overseas Student Health Cover and student visa. One of them will be reserved and awarded to a female candidate.
- B - One full tuition scholarship (valued at AU$52,500) for a future water leader from North America, or part of Asia (download list of eligible countries).
Note: The International WaterCentre also offers scholarships for domestic candidates).
Typically, successful scholarship recipients possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience.
The Scholarship Selection Panel will use the following selection criteria to assess and rank applications:
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Professional and volunteering record: relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted (via email) on 23 August 2016. Applicants who have not been shortlisted will also be notified by this date. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to submit an application for admission into the MIWM program at The University of Queensland (UQ).
In early October the Scholarship Selection Panel will decide on successful scholarship recipients (from those who have been shortlisted and received an unconditional offer of admission in the MIWM program from UQ).
Successful recipients will be notified (via email) on 1 November 2016. The value of their scholarship will be outlined in their scholarship offer letter from IWC.
Unsuccessful applicants and other self-funded candidates will have access to partial scholarships up to the value of AU$9,500 - see details on IWC website.
More details about the IWC Masters Scholarships selection process can be found in the Terms and Conditions (PDF).
How to apply
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships are open from 1 May until 1 August for international students.
For more information about the scholarships and how to apply, please visit www.watercentre.org/scholarships-internationalApplications close:1 August 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:International WaterCentre (IWC)+61 7 3014 0200