At a glance
Awarded to domestic candidates who want to study the Master of Integrated Water Management program commencing Semester 1, 2017. Several scholarships will be awarded to applicants who clearly demonstrate potential to become future water leaders.
Scholarships are available for high calibre domestic candidates to study the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) program.
Candidates must have:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
- At least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program. Although not essential for entry in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship.
About the award
The IWC Masters Scholarships are prestigious scholarships awarded annually to high calibre candidates who want to study the Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) and who clearly demonstrate potential to become future water leaders.
IWC will be offering the following scholarships to study the MIWM program commencing in Semester 1, 2017:
Up to two full tuition scholarships for full-time (1.5 years) or part-time/distance (3 years) study of the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management program commencing in February 2017.
Each scholarship covers the program’s full tuition fees: https://www.uq.edu.au/study/program.html?acad_prog=5410&year=2017#australian
Each scholarship will also cover the cost of airfares from any other capital city in Australia or New Zealand to attend the mandatory 'intensives' in Brisbane. Full details in the scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF)
Note: The International WaterCentre also offers scholarships for international candidates).
Typically, successful scholarship recipients possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience.
The Scholarship Selection Panel will use the following selection criteria to assess and rank applications:
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Professional and volunteering record: relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
All applications for IWC Masters Scholarships (Domestic) will be assessed after the 1 November, once all applications have been received.
Only those candidates who have received an unconditional offer of admission into the MIWM program at UQ will be considered for the scholarships.
The Scholarship Selection Panel will select successful recipients based on the selection criteria aforementioned.
Successful recipients will be notified (via email) on 18 November 2016. The value of their scholarship will be outlined in their scholarship offer letter from IWC.
Unsuccessful applicants and other self-funded candidates will have access to partial scholarships up to the value of AU$7,000 - see details on IWC website.
How to apply
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships are open from 1 July until 1 November for domestic candidates.
For more information about the scholarships and how to apply, please visit: www.watercentre.org/scholarships-domestic
In addition to your scholarship application, you also need to submit a separate application for admission in the MIWM program directly to UQ:Applications close:1 November 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:International WaterCentre (IWC)+61 7 3028 7600