At a glance
***Changes are currently proposed to this scheme by the Australian Government. This scholarship may be replaced by an alternative scheme in 2017.*** The IPRS and UQ Centennial scholarships are awarded competitively based on merit, to international students of exceptional research potential undertaking a research higher degree. **This scholarship has two closing dates per year. Please see the 'How to apply' section below for details.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an international student on a student visa (subclass 574 for postgraduate research) studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by the enrolling school or institute.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Be commencing research higher degree study for the first time in Australia, or have terminated previous enrolment in a RHD program within six months of commencement.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not have held an Australia Award (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the research higher degree.
- Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQ Centennial rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
Students can be considered for scholarship twice. Consideration is prior to enrolment only.
About the award
The IPRS scholarship is a Commonwealth funded scholarship which provides a tuition fee award and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the student. The UQ Centennial scholarship is a UQ funded scholarship which provides a living allowance.
The IPRS and the UQ Centennial scholarships are awarded together to provide a full tuition fee and living allowance scholarship.
How to apply
To apply for admission to the UQ PhD or MPhil program and a scholarship visit the UQ Graduate School website.
Students can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. However, students who wish to be considered for a UQ Graduate School scholarship should note that the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee meets two times a year to select the recipients. In order to have your scholarship application considered for recommendation by the school/institute we advise that you submit your application for admission and scholarship as early as possible.
View the website for details of scholarship rounds and commencement dates.
The Postgraduate Administration Officer (PGAO) in your proposed enrolling school or institute will be able to help you through the application process and assist you with any questions you may have.
This scholarship has two closing dates per year coinciding with the UQ Graduate School's Scholarship Rounds. Please visit this page for the dates https://graduate-school.uq.edu.au/scholarshipsApplications close:31 December 2018Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:UQ Graduate School