At a glance
About the award
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicant to receive a single, one-off $5,000.00 tuition fee waiver in the semester the scholarship is awarded.
A. The recipient must be a domestic student as defined by UQ; and
B. Be currently enrolled into either the MBA program or the MBA articulation pathway; and
C. Demonstrate financial need, as validated by a financial aid application; and
D. At the time of application for the scholarship, completed a minimum of #4 units (2 courses) from the MBA course list with an overall GPA of 5.0 or greater.
Scholarship holders who do not meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above will forfeit the scholarship. This will result in the scholarship being withdrawn, and the student will not be eligible to re-apply for the scholarship.
The University of Queensland may require the scholarship holder to repay the tuition-fee waiver amount if the student fails to:
1. meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above; or
2. successfully pass a course (grade of 4 or higher); or
3. Conform to The University of Queensland rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (including disciplinary provisions).
How to apply
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
1. Complete the online application form, which includes;
a. The financial aid application
b. A requirement to upload the previous tax years Australian Taxation Office Notice of Assessment
c. A requirement to upload a current CV
d. Answer the following questions -
i. describe what value you think you bring to your fellow MBA students; and
ii. outline your long-term career goals; and
iii. provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
2. Attend an interview as required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone interview. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
3. NOT be receiving financial sponsorship from your employer for study; and
4. Have NOT been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
Applications are due by 1 February for a Semester 1 commencement date and 1 July for a Semester 2 commencement dateApplications close:1 February 2017Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:MBA Student Liaison Team07 3346 8100