You're eligible if you're:
- undertaking extra-curricular activities that enhance your employability and enrich your studies, such as:
- research programs
- work experience and virtual internships
- leadership programs
- any other extra-curricular activities where you are selected to represent UQ.
- are a domestic student or a full-degree international student
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate, honours, graduate certificate, graduate diploma or coursework masters
- remain enrolled for the duration of the activity.
Grants are available for activities that take place across a maximum of one teaching week (up to 5 weekdays). If you want to undertake an activity across a full teaching week must have a cumulative GPA of 4.5 on your UQ studies report.
If you have activities that will go longer than one teaching week you may still be eligible if you receive approval from the Associate Dean- Academic of your faculty (these approvals are only given in exceptional circumstances).
How to apply
You can apply for one grant per round, and receive a maximum of 2 grants throughout your studies at UQ.
Apply using the online application form in StudentHub (student login required).
If you're undertaking an activity with a group of 3 or more you can indicate on your application form that you're part of a group activity, however each of you needs to submit an individual application.
Applications open 4 times during the year:
- 15 March - for an activity commencing mid April to 30 June
- 15 May - for an activity commencing mid June to 30 September
- 15 August - for an activity commencing mid-September to 31 December
- 15 November - for an activity commencing mid-December to 30 April
Submit your application by 11.59pm on the due date. Late applications will not be considered.
Use our tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
We'll consider your:
Grants are given as part of a competitive process.
What happens next
You can login to StudentHub (student login required) and check the progress of your application at any time.
About this scholarship
The Employability Grant has been designed to enable participation in a wide range of activities which enrich current UQ students’ studies and enhance their employability.
Visit the Employability grant website