At a glance
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Financial Hardship
Awarded to Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students studying an undergraduate or postgraduate program administered by the Faculty of Medicine or Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences (HABS).
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- be enrolled as a domestic fulltime student in a an undergraduate or postgraduate program administered by the Faculty of Medicine or Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences (HABS);
- not hold another similar scholarship; and
- complete your application and submit by the due date.
About the award
The bursary/ies is/are awarded to the applicant/s showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- the strength and relevance of the applicant‘s funding request to their current academic studies;
- the applicant‘s academic achievement in their studies to date;
- the applicant‘s financial need; and
- any other matter that the panel considers relevant including the applicant‘s community involvement and leadership potential.
Preference will be given to students studying the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery or the Doctor of Medicine.
How to apply
Complete and submit the application form, together with any supporting documentation and submit via -
Mail: Student Fees and Scholarships
JD Story Building, St. Lucia
The University of Queensland, 4072 QLDApplications close:31 March 2017Dr Tran Indigenous Health Education Bursary Rules.pdfBefore you apply:
Download application form:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Student Fees and Scholarships+61 (7) 3365 7113