At a glance
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support students in second year to undertake study in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program in any field of engineering. Preference may be given to students in the chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering disciplines.
An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant –
- submits an application to the Associate Dean, by the closing date for applications; and
- is a domestic student within the meaning of the Fees rules; and
- has completed the first year of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program; and
- is enrolled full-time in the second year of an approved undergraduate Engineering program; and
- does not hold another scholarship that the Associate Dean considers to be similar.
About the award
(1) For the selection process, the Associate Dean must establish a selection committee, comprising –
- the Associate Dean, or nominee, as chair of the committee;
- one representative from ConocoPhillips;
- at least one member of the University's academic staff who is currently teaching in engineering.
(2) The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by –
- academic achievement in courses undertaken to date;
- personal qualities, including leadership potential; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant's future success in the engineering profession.
(3) The selection committee may decide to interview short-listed applicants.
Terms and conditions
Conditions for scholarship
(1) The recipient may hold the scholarship for 1 year, subject to the recipient –
- continuing to be enrolled full-time in the approved undergraduate Engineering program in a relevant field;
- maintaining a GPA of at least 5 for each semester of study and passing all courses in which they are enrolled;
(2) If a recipient fails to satisfy rule 6(1), the recipient must show cause to the Associate Dean why the scholarship should not be cancelled.
How to applyApplications close:20 March 2017Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
- It is generally not permissable to hold more than one scholarship of the same type concurrently.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Faculty of EAIT+67 (7) 3365 3853