At a glance
About the award
The Scholarship is designed to encourage people to realise their academic and professional goals by awarding a measure of financial support.
Each year, up to four awards may be granted under the Scholarship as follows:
- one award, valued up to $15,000 may only be granted to an employee of McDonald’s Australia Limited oremployed at a McDonald’s restaurant by a McDonald’sfranchisee (Employee Award);
- up to three awards, valued each up to $15,000, may begranted at the discretion of the Selection Committee (Discretionary Award).
The Scholarship is awarded in respect of one academic year only, being 2017.
A committee, comprised of nominated representatives of McDonald’s, the Bell family and appropriate industry and business representatives (Selection Committee), will judge Scholarship applications on the basis of relative merit with reference to the following criteria:
- academic and career: goals and ambitions achievements;
- personal achievements: goals and ambitions;
- community activities and other contributions to society;
- demonstrated evidence of extent of need;
- how the applicant expects the Scholarship to impact their studies and facilitate career aspirations;
- an outline of the intended area of study;
- recommendations and references;
- an interview; and
- quality of presentation.
The Selection Committee may in its absolute discretion decide not to grant some or all of the Awards, if it considers that there are no applicants or not enough applicants (as the case may be) who sufficiently fulfil the selection criteria. The decision of the Selection Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to apply
Applications close Monday 31st October (close of business). Applications received after the deadline date (close of business) will not be considered. Applications should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the application process can be obtained from the McDonald’s Australia website www.mcdonalds.com.au or www.metime.mcdonalds.com.au.
Applicants may be required to attend an interview on Thursday 24th November 2016, in Sydney, and must be due to commence or continue their undergraduate or post graduate studies in Semester 1, 2017.
Please do not contact McDonald’s with regards to your scholarship application once lodged. All successful and unsuccessful applicants will be contacted in due course.Applications close:31 October 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.