At a glance
The program is open to all girls and women across Australia. Aim for the Stars offers scholarships for individuals and for groups with a keen focus this year on seven fields of pursuit: Academia and Education, Arts, Media and Entertainment, Business and Leadership, Culture and Community, Environment and Sustainability, Science and Technology, and Sport.
- Females, 12 years of age and above; and
- Females who have initiative and passion and are committed to achieving a dream in their field of choice.
About the award
Scholarships will be awarded, at the discretion of the Foundation, to applicants who best demonstrate their aspirations to succeed in their chosen pursuit and how financial and moral support would further their education or personal development and the community.
Aim for the Stars National Scholarships will be broken down into 5 State groups:
- New South Wales/Australian Capital Territory
- South Australia/Northern Territory
- Western Australia
The Foundation will endeavor to award at least 3 x Scholarships per region.
WHAT THE SCHOLARSHIP INVOLVES
The Foundation will award a minimum of $90,000 worth of scholarships each year. Successful applicants will receive a financial grant in accordance with the following amounts and conditions:
- $4,000 – ‘Individual’ Scholarship, 1 person 12 years and above
- $6,000 – ‘Group’ Scholarship, 2 or more people 12 years and above
If successful, both in your scholarship year and beyond, we ask that you assist us to be Australia’s leading Foundation that inspires and empowers girls and women to achieve their goals. In doing so you will be expected not only to act as an ambassador for the Foundation in line with our values, you may be asked to contribute by way of photos, interviews and stories about you in your quest to reach your goals and give back to your community in your field of pursuit. For a more detailed understanding of these expectations please refer to ‘Ambassadors Agreement'.
How to apply
Please visit the Aim for the Stars website for further information and how to apply.
Applicants are expected to submit an on-line application detailing why they deserve to receive sponsorship from The Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation.
Please view ‘Checklist‘ to see what your application should include.
Applications close on 5pm AEST on the due date.
Successful applicants will be advised by February the year following submission.Applications close:13 November 2015Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.