At a glance
The UQRS scholarships are awarded competitively, based on merit, to outstanding domestic students undertaking a research higher degree.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a domestic student studying full-time and onshore in Australia^
- Be nominated by the enrolling school or institute.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQRS rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
^A part-time student with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Students can be considered for scholarship twice. Consideration can be prior to enrolment, or in any scholarship round up to and including the first round after the confirmation milestone is achieved.
In instances where the candidate is awarded a scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
About the award
The UQRS scholarship is a UQ funded scholarship which provides a living allowance.
How to apply
To apply for admission to the UQ PhD or MPhil program and a scholarship visit the UQ Graduate School website.
Students can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. However, students who wish to be considered for a UQ Graduate School scholarship should note that the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee meets two times a year to select the recipients. In order to have your scholarship application considered for recommendation by the school/institute we advise that you submit your application for admission and scholarship as early as possible.
Visit the UQ Graduate School website for details of scholarship rounds and commencement dates.
The Postgraduate Administration Officer (PGAO) in your proposed enrolling school or institute will be able to help you through the application process and assist you with any questions you may have.Applications close:31 December 2017Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Admissions & Scholarships, UQ Graduate School