At a glance
- Financial Hardship
Awarded to students who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer who is suffering financial hardship.
Applications are open to any current student at The University of Queensland who will be continuing their studies in 2014, AND who
- Identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or Queer, AND
- Is experiencing significant financial hardship, AND
- Has demonstrated commitment to the LGBTIQ community, AND
- Is committed to their study
About the award
Applications will be considered by a Selection Panel comprised of:
- The Director (or representative), The Equity Office, The University of Queensland (CHAIR)
- A representative of the UQ Advancement Office / Current Donor
- A Past Recipient of the LGBTIQ Bursary
How to apply
Applications are to be made in writing including referee statements and will be kept confidential to panel members.
The successful applicant must be prepared to participate in publicity about this Bursary as arranged by the Advancement Office of The University of Queensland.
Applications must be submitted to Ms Marnie King, Acting Director, the Equity Office.
You must attach your references and academic records to this application.
These may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or posted or hand delivered to:
Acting Director, the Equity Office,
Room 821, Building 69
St Lucia Campus
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072Applications close:25 May 2014Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:Equity Office