At a glance
The University of Queensland’s School of Economics is offering scholarships for either undergraduate or postgraduate studies to outstanding students from Brazil and Latin America.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship to commence a Bachelor of Economics program or one of our Course Work Masters programs at The UQ School of Economics, students must meet UQ’s English language requirements
To apply for the Bachelor of Economics students must:
- Achieve excellent results in the International Baccalaureate with a score of 42; or achieved excellent results in A Levels with a score of 15 or
- Sucessfully completed 1 year of a Bachelors Degree Program
The following GPA results are required:
- Brazil a minimum GPA of 8.4 out of 10 where 5 is a pass
- Colombia a minimum GPA of 4.4 out of 5 where 3 is a pass
- Peru a minimum GPA of 17 out of 20 where 11 is a pass
- Chile a minimum GPA of 6 out of 7 where 4 is a pass
- Mexico a minimum GPA of 8.4 out of 10 where 5 is a pass
Other nationalities from Latin America are welcome to apply, subject to minimum GPA requirements equivalent to a 6/7 (UQ grading scale)
The Bachelors Degree must be comparable to an Australian Bachelors Degree.
To apply for a course work masters program applicants are required to provide evidence of a completed undergraduate qualification deemed comparable to an Australian bachelor degree standard. Comparability will depend on the title of the award and the length of the program. The GPA requirements from the completed undergraduate program are as above.
Students will be eligible to apply for the following programs for commencement at UQ.
- Bachelor of Economics - students are able to complete a general degree or include specialisations within the BEcon
- Bachelor of Economics dual program
- Master of International Economics & Finance
- Master of Development Economics
- Master of Business Economics
- Master of Health Economics
About the award
These scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and other achievements.
How to apply
To apply, students must complete the:
Submit with supporting documents:
- Academic transcripts
- Motivation letter
- Two reference letters
- Evidence of English proficiency e.g. IELTS
- Resume / CV
Please note: incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.Applications close:21 October 2016Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarshipContact:School of Economics